Saturday, June 16, 2012

2:54

This past Monday, I had the pleasure of seeing the great 2:54 headline at the Mercury Lounge, NYC. I was introduced to them through the also great Wild Beasts, who did a killer remix of their song "You're Early." Upon watching the music video for the original track, I was an instant convert. Watching the clip for "Scarlet" solidified my fandom. Their exceptional debut album (mixed by Alan Molder) was just released on Fat Possum records - buy it on iTunes, Amazon MP3, or listen on Spotify.

It was a genuine thrill getting to meet Colette, Hannah, Joel, and Alex, and being able share some of my art with them. I hope I helped make their current US tour that much more fun & memorable - they certainly made my night an amazing one. Can't for the next tour!

Thumbnails.







Raw illustration.



Photoshop explorations.



Final poster.


Signed poster!!!


EDIT: 7/17/12

You can see my 2:54 artwork on SPIN magazine's website, as a part of a photo-journal of the band's recent tour!! Awesome!!

Here's a screencap:





No comments:

Post a Comment