Monday, June 11, 2012

"Prometheus" illustrations

Have you seen Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" yet? You should. A highly cerebral and visceral film you will NOT be able to shake easily. I plan on doing more "Prometheus" related drawings soon, but these few were completed slightly before its June 8th release. The first is based on a frame towards the end of the movie, depicting main character Elizabeth Shaw (played by Noomi Rapace). I also included some Photoshop explorations, attempting to take the portrait in a more deliberately poster-esque direction. 




 Next is a piece based on the brilliant bit of viral marketing for "Prometheus" that featured Guy Pearce (who happens to be one of my all-time favorite actors) as Peter Weyland, giving a TED Talk in 2023. I wanted to create a poster that was elegant and uncluttered (not unlike Apple's general aesthetic) - one that hints at the colossal kind of event this might be in the universe of "Prometheus", since TED is so prolific and Peter Weyland is essentially the Steve Jobs of Ridley's fiction. I'll likely be revisiting this one with slight adjustments as time goes on.



2 comments:

  1. I've just watched the film, and found TED 2023 video in your post, thank you.
    Girl's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I appreciate the kind words :)

      Delete