Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Adventures in Photoshop

In my experience, Photoshop (and virtually any kind of software) is very hard to teach. The intangible nature, to me, doesn't exactly lend itself to easy explanation. I'm sure most would agree it's best to learn when simply indulging in play - messing around; clicking on things and seeing what happens. In any case, I've always been a novice in Photoshop, only being able to do the most basic actions. However, we went over it this week in class, and maybe it's the fact that I've had a slow accumulation of knowledge regarding the program, but it started to click for the first time. Every button was explained and demoed one by one, which may not be the quickest way to do things, but logically it's the most effective. In past courses, we used Photoshop on... well... images that weren't photos. Rather, we'd create images from scratch in Photoshop. Not that there's anything wrong with. PS is obviously very versatile (something I knew at the time), but in retrospect, it makes sense why I didn't fully understand.

I'm not an expert all of a sudden or anything, but now I plan on being one. I had more fun this past Monday playing around than I ever have, most likely because I actually had some idea of how to appropriate all the functions. Definitely looking forward to playing around more. These are some of my early experiments - hope you enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment