Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sketches 11-3-10

Had an absolute blast working on these today. Could have easily stayed at school another hour or two just drawing and whatnot. Been feeling very inspired lately, which I attribute to finally having a grasp on Illustrator + Photoshop as well as seeing Father and Son play this past weekend.

Sniper Girl
-An original character with no name that pops up a lot. I have fun drawing her even if she has no place or proper title (yet).






Lonely Girl
-A sketch I did this weekend that was inked with a Caligraphy pen and ink, which was really fun and a nice change of pace (I'll post the others I did using those tools soon). This is each iteration in chronological order - each one basically a test in some way. I quite like this, but I'm not sure what direction I'd want to take a final version.
















Flamehead



If you didn't already notice, I like to draw on scrap paper. It's certainly better than just throwing it out. Part of the reason I like using scrap is because I sometimes put too much pressure on myself to do something brilliant when using good paper. Also, it's convenient. That said, "Flamehead" was drawn on a piece of scrap - on a test piece for my "Expressive Type" project (which I documented below). Since I thought the figure interacted in a cool way with the text behind him, I adjusted the levels in such a way that merged the 2 sides of the paper together rather keeping them separated. I think the results are kind of interesting.

I absolutely plan on doing some drawings in the near future with a heavy type/figure relationship. Something I've been wanting to do for a while.



and here's a color version...

No comments:

Post a Comment