Thursday, September 20, 2012

Austra pt. II

I've been dying to see Austra live for a long time now - so much so that I created a poster for them long before they'd announced any tour dates in my area [see my original poster for Austra here]. So, by the time they did announce an NYC date, I already had a piece in the vault ready to go. However, in the weeks leading up to the show, I realized I needed to revamp it and make it the best it could be. That, and I wanted to create a show-specific version of the poster as I'm prone to do.

I finally had the chance to see the band last night and they didn't disappoint. The whole show was great, but my personal highlights were probably the fantastic new songs they played.

After the show, which took place at the Music Hall of Williamsburg, the band (including lead singer Katie Stelmanis) went to Glasslands for a DJ set. It was there that I had the honor and pleasure of giving Katie and bass player Dorian Wolf a set of the posters I made. They were both gracious, appreciative, and super nice. Katie even complemented my Pretty Hate Machine shirt (!!) and liked my artwork so much she gave me a hug and a personalized autograph on my copy. Amazing.

My bucket list continues to shrink.


Show-specific design.




Generic design.





My personal copies signed by Katie and Dorian.




No comments:

Post a Comment