Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New music (yay!) ...by me (boo!)

I recently completed two songs in Logic that I'm pretty happy with - the first called "Bearded Simon LeBon" and the second called "Drunk Simon LeBon" (both titles inspired by a Duran Duran article in New York magazine). These two ended up being an experiment in transitions (they're meant to be played back-to-back as a pair with "Bearded Simon LeBon" as the intro) and instrumentation ("Bearded" is almost exclusively live recorded audio tracks).

My favorite moments on "Drunk" are when the digital tracks made completely in Logic are juxtaposed by the sounds I played out of my microKORG. I want to explore this more in future songs - it can be an enormously satisfying aural experience.

I have a few versions of each, all of which I've included below.

I'm still trying to finish the definitive versions, but this should give you some insight into the process, and how things are more often Different from version to version, rather than Better.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/137ert

Hope you like them!


As a bonus, here's something I did in Sketchbook Pro yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment