Monday, April 19, 2010

Sketchbook Pro


Well, I got an iPad. It cost many pennies, but the Sketchbook Pro app alone (by Autodesk) seems to be more than enough to justify the cost. I should hope so since that's what convinced me to get one.

I've been meaning to embrace digital media in conjunction with my drawings for a long time now, and the Sketchbok Pro app may be the thing that finally allows me to do that. It basically lets me use the iPad as a portable tablet to either create entirely new and original pieces, or more importantly, color my pre-existing stuff comfortably where ever and whenever I want. This is a breeze since all I have to do is sync my iPad with anything I've scanned and put on my laptop - Sketchbook Pro then allows me to import it no problem. That's a big deal for me and I can't wait to master the program (I've got a badass stylus on the way, too - psyched!).

And here's my first piece created entirely in Sketchbook Pro. Inspired by the album cover to Steven Wilson's "Insurgentes." I'm also coloring the Pilot Girl you see below. Once that's finished I'll post that. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment