Sunday, March 7, 2010

Maybe John



My brother John recently commissioned me to paint him a portrait after seeing the most recent ones I did of myself (I'll post those soon). This is a little more interesting, though, because it's not me and there was a bit more to the process since I needed photo reference. Ultimately, I focused on the picture that had a somewhat interesting light source and what I felt accurately represented my brother. This was done fairly quickly and spontaneously, however. In the near future, I'd like to take a more conceptual approach that in some way mirrors the music John is currently wrapping up for his solo project, titled Maybe Bomb. We briefly discussed the idea of painted album artwork which I love and would happy to help execute.

No comments:

Post a Comment